Bridge br0 on FC12, No Network

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Wed May 5 14:10:47 UTC 2010

On 05/04/2010 01:51 PM, Jim wrote:
> The Virtual Guest has not been installed until getting Network working
> on FC12.
>
> I have a Bridge br0 setup to eth0, but when I reboot box I have no
> Network present for Fedora 12.
>
> Network Manager is disabled
>
> Network Configuration shows  br0 as Active   but  eth0 is Inactive .

Unfortunately, the scripts that start the ethernet interfaces do so by
alphabetical order!

You need the br0 device to be started AFTER eth0.

Simply move the file:
     /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br0
     /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-zbr0

The contents of the file, ie: interface name, do not have to match the
name of the file.

Good luck!