Fwd: Fwd: Problem with boot loader

agraham agraham at g-b.net
Thu May 6 01:34:56 UTC 2010

On 06/05/10 01:33, badmagic wrote:

> Over the years, I've installed Solaris/SolarisExpress, every kind of BSD
> as well as almost ever Linux distro that's out there and never have I
> had a problem like this.
>
> Is there some known bug about installing Fedora on a drive other than
> the Primary Master?
>
> This time I installed the boot loader on the first sector of the boot
> partition - /dev/sdb1
>
> I then installed an entry in XOSL to point to/dev/sdb1, booted from it
> and got a screen full of blinking colorful ascii chars.
>
> It really doesn't work.
>
> Can someone tell me what's going on - Please?

Did you set the active boot partition to /dev/sdb1 in Fdisk ?

/dev/sdb1   *           1          50      401593+  83 Linux
/dev/sdb2              51         312     2104515   82 Linuxswap/Solaris
/dev/sdb3             313        8668    67119570   83 Linux

And did ou set teh BIOS Boot drive correctly ?