seeking resolution to Network Device difficulties

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Thu May 6 17:43:45 UTC 2010

Tom Horsley wrote:

> Remove the file named /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules,
> reboot, and your new NIC will be eth0.

That doesn't completely work. I deleted the file and rebooted. The file was
recreated and now it says eth0, but:

- the network still does not start automatically (I have to click the 'System
eth0' icon in the system tray in knetworkmanager)

- I still don't get my old IP address, which is vacant. I am still getting a
different one that the default one I had on my local network.