seeking resolution to Network Device difficulties

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Fri May 7 16:13:26 UTC 2010

Tim wrote:

> Have you tried looking with another browser?  Perhaps there's some
> JavaScript on the page, that offers a release button, that doesn't work
> with your current browser.

I use firefox. That should be the best for javascript support, non? I don
think konqueror is as good for any bells and whistles like script, java,
plugins, etc. I don't care to install chrome or opera, as they are not in the
fedora repos.

>> The router is a 2wire Gateway.
>
> You could try something else a bit unorthodox:  Try turning off its DHCP
> server, restart the router, then try turning it on again.  Maybe it
> might lose the previously set leases.
>
> Or, if you can set the lease period, try setting it to something really
> short, temporarily, and see if you can expire them.

I will have a look, but I don't recall ever having seen settings to control
these functions. I will have a look at the pdf manual sometime, as perhaps
there are some arcane functions available through non-obvious means.