How to sync files on external hard disk and laptop running on F12

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri May 7 18:04:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 1:19 AM, RAMAKISHOREBABU KOPPULA
<rkbabu.koppula at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello every one,
>
> 1. How to sync files on external hard disk and laptop running on F12?
> 2. I am running Windows XP as gust oS using Virtual Box.When I connect a USB
> device the windows OS is not recognising the device automatically as it
> generally happen on standalone windows system. I am able to access the USB
> devices by shared folders option. Is there any way to make windows recognise
> USB devices automatically?

1. Once you get #2 figured out, either use graphical software in
Windows like Tucan[1] or a command line method.

2. Option1: Use the USB filters to take control of the USB disk while
your VM is up. This may make it unavailable to your host OS but you
may not care.

Option 2: Use the raw disk/partition VMDK option[2] which will allow
access to the drive as a disk in your guest OS. Be careful not to
access the disk from your host and guest at the same time!.

Richard

[1] http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/toucan
[2] Virtualbox user manual section 9.5.1.