seeking resolution to Network Device difficulties

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat May 8 00:25:13 UTC 2010

Tim:
>> Have you tried looking with another browser?  Perhaps there's some
>> JavaScript on the page, that offers a release button, that doesn't work
>> with your current browser.

Petrus de Calguarium:
> I use firefox. That should be the best for javascript support, non?

You'd think so, but I've one modem/router that only displays its pages
well in MSIE.  I've tried about four other browsers, and they each have
difficulty even getting a page to load.  You've *ALWAYS* got to keep on
reloading the page several times until you get the full page to appear.
But it works, first time, with MSIE.

Just your average typical badly designed webpage that was only ever
tested on MSIE by someone who didn't know any better...

> I don think konqueror is as good for any bells and whistles like script, java,
> plugins, etc. I don't care to install chrome or opera, as they are not in the
> fedora repos.

I've never cared for Konqueror, either.  It just seems to be lacking, or
broken, with various ordinary parts of HTML and CSS.

I have bitten the bullet and installed Opera to try out some things with
an alternate browser.  At least that one's relatively easy to install
without mangling things.  Opera has a RPM that just works.

> I will have a look at the pdf manual sometime, as perhaps
> there are some arcane functions available through non-obvious means.

It's worth it.  You may find there's useful things hidden in strange
places.  It always takes me ages to find settings on a friend's Billion
router.  You've got to wade through several pages to get to some things
you want to check on, and I can never remember the sequence to get
there.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686