Warning during installation of ns-2.34 on fedora-11

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Mon May 10 15:54:55 UTC 2010

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 22:10 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 05/10/2010 09:02 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>>> On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 11:32 +0000, g wrote:
<snip>

>>> Thanks. I could of course have found that for myself, but my point is
>>> that people asking questions should have a little more consideration for
>>> their readers. The exchange isn't just a private conversation between a
>>> questioner and those who have answers, but may interest other readers
>>> who didn't know they were interested until they saw it. A little context
>>> goes a long way to helping them decide.
>>>
>> Nahhh....   If I have to work/search to find out what someone may be
>> talking about I've already decided to be uninterested.  :-)
>
> That's exactly my point.

i agree with both of you, but i take it one step further.

i seldom reply to a post that is sent in *text/html*. i have a
filter to send them to a separate folder, which i seldom look in.

most of them are lacking in content information and as well as
following of mailing list guidelines.

plus, from what i have seen in 'text/html' postings, it is where
most of top posters hang out.

i was filtering out *base 64* posters, but there are several of them
who do appear to be rather versed in their knowledge. tho i do wish
they would show more of their knowledge by posting *text/plain*.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.