KVM Virtualization - Please Help

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 10 18:51:15 UTC 2010

On 05/10/2010 02:02 PM, Mike Guilmot wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
> <mailto:mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
>
>     Could some one please direct me to the Instructions for installing KVM
>     on FC12 .
>
>     I have googled my self crazy, everything I do a Search for it has the
>     wrong version of
>     Virtual Manager and the instructions do not apply completely with the
>     latest update.
>
>     I can't get a  Window7 image to install in
>     /var/lib/libvirt/images, the
>     path is there but no image.
>

> I'm not sure if I understand your question exactly.
> Are you having troubles to install KVM ? Or are you having troubles
> installing Windows 7 in a KVM vm ?
> If you are having problems installing, where is it going wrong ?
> Normally it should install fine via yum :-)
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> Mike Guilmot

I have KVM installed , I think ?
I can run Virtual Manager and it starts to install Windows 7,  but
windows 7 crashes (BSOD) at the "Start Setup" and doesn't show up in
/var/lib/libvirt/images

I'm allocating ;

2048 ram for image , from a total of 4gb for the system ram.

80 gb from a / partition of 384 gb .

The instruction for Virtual Manager on the Google Searches doesn't
compare with what I'm getting from the latest FC12 update.

So I was looking for a up to date Virtual Manager Instructions, I'm just
not sure that I'am doing the install correct.