Warning during installation of ns-2.34 on fedora-11

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue May 11 04:08:46 UTC 2010

Ed Greshko wrote:
<snip>

> Yes, bad assumptions are made by the gateway administrator.  He has
> assumed that all messages will contain some Chinese and that receiving
> MTA's will "break" the messages sent as 8bit.

very bad. but i am not talking about such cases.

> Right....but wasn't it about CTE and not plain v.s. html?

no.

> Well, no.  Just because an email contains some Chinese characters

and again, you are talking about emails with chinese. i have seen very
few, so few, that i can not even say that there has been any. :) but i
am aware that there have been several from asian countries, that have
been in english, in text/plain, and they apologize for their lacking in
use of english. [hell, i wish i new some of their languages as well as
they do english.]

i am talking about html's that are sent to tsl's, majority of which are
emails sent to this list, kde = 2nd, thunderbird = 3rd, firefox = 4th,
scientific = a small 5th.

> But, my point is still...senders to this list can be faulted for sending
> text/html v.s. text/plain....but they can't always be "faulted" for
> their CTE being quoted-printable or base64.

to this, i agree.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.