Warning during installation of ns-2.34 on fedora-11

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue May 11 05:05:07 UTC 2010

Ed Greshko wrote:
<snip>

> OK...  I became confused  a bit since you seemed to have been linking
> text/plain v.s. text/html with the appearance of base64.  I got confused
> when you said "i was filtering out *base 64* posters" since there is no
> relationship with that and text/plain v.s. text/html.

what i said was;

}> i was filtering out *base 64* posters, but there are several of them
}> who do appear to be rather versed in their knowledge. tho i do wish
}> they would show more of their knowledge by posting *text/plain*.

and should have clarified by further stating that base 64 is a waste also
because of it using 2 bytes to represent 1 byte.

> So, it really is just about html posters.

actually, html posters who post text/html when they could be posting
text/plain, are posting both text/plain and text/html.

with mozilla tsl's, most of them post thru news groups which do not allow
use of html. but they are even worse about top posting and not stripping
dead history than what is with this list.

and, most of the mozilla posters use bogus names so they do not get spam.
or at least that is their excuse.

because i do save all emails, for referencing, i have a script that cleans
out history down to '>>>' max, which cleans email files by an easy 15% to
20%. there are several other things that i grep out and i have had some
months clean up by up to 40%. not a lot, but enough to make it worth it.

one day i will/may set up a prefilter to strip headers, text/html, sig,
and enigmail sig, as i did years ago. then it will matter little as to how
anyone post. :)

anyway, glad we came to an understanding. :)

i have an early meeting in morning and need to crash, so,

later.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.