Warning during installation of ns-2.34 on fedora-11

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 11 09:11:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 15:54 +0000, g wrote:
> i was filtering out *base 64* posters, but there are several of them
> who do appear to be rather versed in their knowledge. tho i do wish
> they would show more of their knowledge by posting *text/plain*.

You might acquire a bit of knowledge, and learn that base 64 and HTML
are two completely different things.  There are some languages which
just aren't going to post in text/plain.

Any client that cannot handle base 64 encoding is really bad.  It's just
a content encoding scheme.  Insisting no-one post in it is as stupid as
insisting that nobody must ever post in iso-8859-15.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.