Warning during installation of ns-2.34 on fedora-11

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue May 11 09:43:28 UTC 2010

On 05/11/2010 05:11 PM, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 15:54 +0000, g wrote:
>
>> i was filtering out *base 64* posters, but there are several of them
>> who do appear to be rather versed in their knowledge. tho i do wish
>> they would show more of their knowledge by posting *text/plain*.
>>
> You might acquire a bit of knowledge, and learn that base 64 and HTML
> are two completely different things.  There are some languages which
> just aren't going to post in text/plain.

I think you may have mis-typed or I'm misreading.

The only RFC defined text MIME types that I'm aware of are....

css, csv, html, plain, and xml

plain is for any textual data in any "language".  Now, certainly there
are some (many) "languages" which either must use base64,
quoted-printable, or 8bit in order to ensure they are transmitted
without lost of fidelity.

--
Hello, GORRY-O!! I'm a GENIUS from HARVARD!! 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德
路四段