"Be excellent to each other" / Call people out for doin a good job

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Wed May 12 07:31:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 4:46 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> I was disappointed when I read through the Go / No Go meeting log tonight
> when I read that we would have to slip. Then I remembered the evidence of
> hard work I observed over the last couple of weeks and thought, that people
> are going to notice the slip and grumble about that and forget about the
> hard work a number of people put in trying to get a release we could be
> proud of out on the 18th.
>
> So I acknowledged some of that on the devel list.

Yes a lot of work goes into every release - and the slip is only a
week - I am sure that most people can live with that!  Sure there will
be some who grumble but if at the end of the day the slip will make
the difference between a release that causes some people significant
problems, and a slipped release that earns many accolades then the
decision has been the right one.

Many people contribute to each release and although there are
inevitably a number of key people who take charge of the management of
the process and development there are many who make small
contributions but each contribution makes a difference.

I look forward to F13 in my own machines!
--
mike c