OpenOffice Should Be Included On Version 13 LiveCD...

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Wed May 12 23:51:14 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby
<mihamina at gulfsat.mg> wrote:
>> Jesse Palser <slnthero at aol.com> :
>>Ubuntu 10.04 LiveCD has OpenOffice installed.
>>Don't understand why Fedora LiveCD can't do the same.
>
> I dont understand why each Linux distribution must make all the same
> choices.
> If there are plenty flavours, it's to have much different choices.

True, but if a Linux distribution wants to attract Windows and OSX
desktop users (_IF_), OO is an essential package because it is what
those users expect, an integrated office application suite that is
compatible with MS Office.

Regarding Ubuntu's Live CD, I once saw a post that they prune OO in
order to fit it onto a CD; and that a further install is needed to
pull in the full suite. (With apologies for not knowing the details of
what is left out, etc.)