OpenOffice Should Be Included On Version 13 LiveCD...

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Thu May 13 16:25:17 UTC 2010

On 5/13/2010 12:07 PM, Tom H wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 11:58 AM, David Boles <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 5/13/2010 11:31 AM, Kwan Lowe wrote:
>>

>> I just have to ask. Why would running Openoffice on Linux impress a
>> Windows user enough to convince them to switch to Linux? Openoffice is
>> available for Windows. And at the same price too!  :-)
>
> Familiarity? Compatibility? Integration?

Already owns computer. Already owns Windows. Already owns the bundled
software that came with the computer. Already owns the games that use
Windows. Already plays the music and videos that (s)he has. The list is
endless and Openoffice would be IMO near the end of the list.

IIRC it was proposed for the Live-DVD of Fedora 13 but too many
complained that they did not have DVD drives. And, again IIRC, there is
a Live-DVD proposed for Fedora 14.

But please try to convince me. I'm easy.  :-)

--

  David