Sophos Anti Virus

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri May 14 14:36:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 13:44:22 +1000,
  Nermin Celik <n.celik00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> At work the IT technicians are insisting on transfering me to Red Hat from
> FC12 due to "Anti Virus system. Sophos Anti Virus only supports Red Hat not
> Fedora". What does this mean? I'm new to Unix environment, and this is too
> technicial.

At work it may be better to go with the flow unless you have some power
there. Trying to circumvent IT policy or even making waves might cost you
more trouble than it's worth.

In this case the environment shouldn't be too terribly different and letting
your IT department support your machine while you are learning isn't a bad
idea. (Running anti-virus on an end user linux machine is a waste. But other
things they do might save you from getting hosed.)