Sophos Anti Virus

Athmane Madjoudj athmanem at gmail.com
Fri May 14 16:50:03 UTC 2010

On 05/14/2010 04:44 AM, Nermin Celik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At work the IT technicians are insisting on transfering me to Red Hat
> from FC12 due to "Anti Virus system. Sophos Anti Virus only supports Red
> Hat not Fedora". What does this mean? I'm new to Unix environment, and
> this is too technicial.
>
> Regards,

RHEL and clones (like the best know CentOS) have a long stable ABI/API
in contrary to Fedora which bring the latest stable free / open source
software (sometimes beta)

This mainly why some commercial vendors don't officially support Fedora.

Also try ClamAV is the best open source anti-virus which is packaged in
Fedora and RHEL through EPEL, I use it in my Laptop/Desktop and company
  Servers / Mail Gateway etc.

HTH
--
Athmane Madjoudj