fc12 encrypted file system

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun May 16 04:47:12 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 00:05 -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:
>  Strictly speaking you were not ... you were making a meta comment
> about hijacking - not the topic itself.

Strictly speaking, I was.  I was replying directly to a post, about that
post.  About *what* that post was.  And in response to it.  The message
was directly related to the one I replied to, and properly associated by
the headers.  The one I drew attention to had absolutely nothing to do
with the message it replied to.  *THAT* is hijacking.

My response explained was what wrong, why it was wrong, and how to go
about getting their answer.  Direct and to the point, without even
trying to be insulting (unlike jdow).  Useful information to them, and
to other people who use mailing lists.

>  It is generally considered more appropriate to reply directly to the
> poster to proffer advice .. rather than to the list on such issues.

It is *sometimes* better to do that.  Sometimes the best course of
action is to respond as I did.  If nobody makes a public announcement
about not hijacking, nobody else gets to see that it's unwanted.  Then,
pretty soon, just about all your *new* messages become erroneous