How to find out which RPM's have been additionally installed?

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Tue May 18 06:41:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

having the following problem, and found no advice in the forums:

After having installed a Fedora version from the DVD, during the
lifetime of my system, a lot of packages (from Fedora repo's, or not
from there) are additionally installed, without making a note about that
transaction.

But when installing a new Fedora version, or when re-installing a
version (because of problems), I have to re-install too all
previously additionally installed packages.

My question: is there a simple way to find out which packages belong to
the base version, and which packages have been installed as a later action?

Each advice is welcome.

Kind regards

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes