How to find out which RPM's have been additionally installed?

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Tue May 18 08:20:35 UTC 2010

On 05/18/10 09:05, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> On 05/18/2010 08:41 AM, Joachim Backes wrote:
>> My question: is there a simple way to find out which packages belong to
>> the base version, and which packages have been installed as a later action?
>
> You can sort the list of installed rpm's by install time:
>
> rpm -qa --queryformat "%{INSTALLTIME}\t%{NAME}\t%{SUMMARY}\n" | sort -n
>
> Mogens

Hi Mogens,

by using the output of this cmd, I have no information about the endtime
of the OS installation and the beginning of updates or installation of
other rpm's. So how to find out  the position of that (virtual)
separation line (imagine, I  started the installation of additional
packages immediately after the first reboot)?

Regards

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes