Adjust remaining battery power warning threshold

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at
Sun May 23 15:08:22 UTC 2010

Right now, Gnome shows an alert bubble when I have somewhere between 15 and
20 minutes remaining on battery power (varies). When there's a couple of
minutes left, an automatic shutdown gets initiated.

I would like to adjust the thresholds. I want to be alerted when I have
about 30 minutes of power left, and initiate a shutdown when the battery has
15 minutes of power left.

I cannot find any adjustment knobs in "Power Management" in preferences, for
this. Are these settings adjustable somewhere?