Ext4 anomalies.

George R Goffe grgoffe at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 09:52:32 UTC 2010

Howdy,

I have had my FC12 system installed since February this year and have experienced this particular problem twice so far. The problem does NOT happen frequently... Just long enough for me to become complacent that it was a fluke.

Files in /root have become empty, 141 of them this time. Their update dates are all the same, about 2 minutes before I noticed the problem this time.

Has anyone seen this kind of problem? If not, I'd like to set some traps if they are available so that I can find out how this happens and eliminate it.

Any hints/tips/suggestions/clues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

George...

"It's not what you know that hurts you, It's what you know that ain't so." Wil Rogers