A question about yum

George R Goffe grgoffe at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 07:07:11 UTC 2010

Howdy,

I'm trying to reduce the disk space that yum uses by running "yum clean all". I have seen a listing of files removed by this command but now I'm seeing 0 files.

Am I doing something wrong by any chance?

Regards and thanks for your time,

George...

yum clean all
Loaded plugins: aliases, auto-update-debuginfo, basearchonly, changelog, downloadonly, fastestmirror, filter-data, fs-snapshot, keys, list-data, local, merge-conf, post-transaction-actions,
              : presto, priorities, protect-packages, protectbase, refresh-packagekit, refresh-updatesd, remove-with-leaves, rpm-warm-cache, security, show-leaves, tmprepo, tsflags, upgrade-
              : helper, verify, versionlock
Cleaning up Everything
Cleaning up list of fastest mirrors
0 delta-package files removed, by presto

"It's not what you know that hurts you, It's what you know that ain't so." Wil Rogers