How to enable F13 desktop as a cups client

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 26 11:59:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 11:31 +0200, Joerg Bergmann wrote:
> just have installed a standalone F13 desktop (Gnome) system. I want to
> use a cups server in our local network. How do I enable that using
> desktop commands?

Since it's a Gnome system, you can use the firewall configuration GUI to
allow it.

Otherwise, you can use the command line to do the same thing:  Insert an
iptables rule for the UDP protocol to all new connections from anywhere
to the IPP port (631), then save the rule set.

I'm not sure what you mean by desktop commands, though.  Commands
usually means something you type into the terminal, but they're
unrelated to the desktop (generally regarded as the graphical
interface).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686