root password prompts

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 18:39:57 UTC 2010

I have seen claims on this list that the root password is
remembered for a small amount of time so you don't keep
getting asked. That has never worked for me, but I assumed
it was just because I was running a non-standard session
and was missing something.

Today I was running system-config-printer to install all
the various printers around here at work on a freshly
installed fedora 13 system running as a brand new user
in a standard gnome session.

I get three or four root password prompts for each
separate printer install.

Where is this mythical setting to make it
remember the password?