Regarding Get Fedora page

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 27 03:32:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 19:58 -0300, Andre Costa wrote:

> First of all: I do appreciate all the effort in making the download
> page easier to newbies, and I recognize a lot of thought has been
> spent in doing so. However, it doesn't mean the result can't be
> improved, even if the improvements will only be perceived by a portion
> of the audience.

Absolutely. We could certainly do without the hateful and unfair
commentary, though.

Please see
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/websites/2010-May/008043.html -
I made a lot of adjustments based on the user feedback we've gotten over
the past couple of days. There's a screenshot in there that shows some
of the changes.

> I agree with Alan that it wouldn't hurt to have this extra link at the
> bottom of the page, I don't think this would distract newbies
> considering they should be attracted to the big blue "Download Now!"
> button in the middle of the screen =) I must say I also spent a couple
> of minutes going back and forth trying to find a link to the torrents
> (... sure, I could have Googled right away -- which I ended up doing
> after visiting the "Formats" page for the 3rd time ;-))

That's exactly what the design revision has done. The archives link has
been swapped out with one general, 'Alternative download methods' link
that points to get-fedora-all, which has been supplemented with the
archives link.

~m