root password prompts

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu May 27 12:58:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 01:17 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> > No, I mean sudo. In the default config it prompts for the user's
> > password.
>
> But the OP asked about "root password", not the user's password.

And I replied in order to help him with his underlying need, which is
not to know the root password but to be able to use root privileges
without repeatedly having to type a password. IOW I assumed I was
replying to what he meant rather than what he said. Since he hasn't
contradicted that impression, I stand by my reply.

poc