F13: Do not mount CD/DVD when inserted into drive

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu May 27 21:50:35 UTC 2010

Greg Woods wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 21:12 +0200, Frank Elsner wrote:
>>  a CD or DVD gets automatically mounted
>> when inserted into the cd/DVD drive.
>
>> Where can I disable this behavier?
>
> System -> Preferences -> File Management -> Media

Does this really work for you? I have mine set that way and when I put in a CD
it is still read, mounted, the ISO label is read off the disk, and an icon
displayed on the desktop with filesystem label. The media is left unmounted, but
that certainly doesn't fit the "do nothing" choice the menu offers.

You have to edit/delete udev rules to make it work right. That also fixes some
CD burning issues when udev "peeks" at the media in the middle of a burn.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>