Regarding Get Fedora page

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri May 28 15:24:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, 28 May 2010 10:22:26 -0430
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> Not too sure I'd like that as it could be taken to imply greater
> variation than is really there. Is one distro different from another
> merely because of its desktop?

As near as I can tell, the primary thing that identifies
a distro is the common source of repos where you get updates.

I sometimes imagine a fantasy linux distro that has one original
bit of code: A new version of the dynamic loader that supports
a tree of ldconfig info which then allows support for loading software
and dependencies from any other distro repositories by
stashing otherwise conflicting libraries in separate
trees. I guess that would have to be a "meta distro" :-).