Yahoo Mail Caveats (Was Re: A question about yum.)

Patrick Bartek bartek047 at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 16:26:43 UTC 2010

--- On Fri, 5/28/10, George R Goffe <grgoffe at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Tim,
>
> I have been looking for replies but found none, that is why I re-posted.
> In looking at the archive I see that some have not arrived in my inbox.
> Sigh. I have been having troubles with yahoo classic for the past few
> months, searching fails randomly, filters disappear randomly, sorting of
> email fails intermittently, numerous error codes (2,3,4,5,6,20,22) and
> the winner, "an error has occurred". I know, it's hard to believe that
> last one.  Their support structure is in need of serious help.
> [snip]

George,

Check your Yahoo Mail Spam folder for missing messages.  I use this Yahoo Mail account for several mail lists, and about 25% of all the mail (not just the Fedora list)--most times including my own--end up there.  Don't know why.

I have no personal filtering or sorting configured, just the Inbox.  Everything is the default Classic Mail settings.