Recover stupid mistake

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at
Fri May 28 17:44:06 UTC 2010

Mike Martin wrote:
> On 27 May 2010 19:18, Larry Brower <larry at> wrote:
>> Tom H wrote:

>> You may want to try testdisk.

I tried out testdisk on a disk with no problems a couple
of years ago, just to see what it could find, and it did a
good job.

I like to stay a little ahead of the game. I haven't blown
away a PT yet, but I'd like to be prepared.

> Well I've made some progress, I have my /,boot and home via parted rescue
> Only problem is that now parted only sees swap as p4, rather than an
> extended partition with swap and my main 711 Gig storage partition
> Any ideas

It sounds like you may need to create an extended and then put the
swap inside it. Have you created an extended?

You have found the bank of Larn.