F13: gnome volume control affects wrong audio channel

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Sat May 29 12:04:39 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I did a fresh install of the 64-bit F13 on my desktop system. For the most
part, everything works fine. One little hiccup:

If I change the audio volume with the gnome volume control applet, it
adjusts the *front channel* rather than PCM or Master channel. Since I have
a second set of speakers attached to the Side channel, and a headphone
attached to Center, this is really inconvenient.

In earlier version of Gnome, one could explicitly select the channel the
volume applet controlled, but this disappeared a few reiterations ago.

Anyone know how to fix this under F13?

The audio on the MB is (lspci):
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio
Controller

Thanks.

-----
  Colin Brace