Installing F13

Michael Miles mmamiga6 at gmail.com
Sat May 29 19:06:09 UTC 2010

> On Sat, 2010-05-29 at 11:22 -0700, Michael Miles wrote:
>
>> I would like to install F13 x64
>>
>> I have seen the size difference in the partitions.
>> Question: Do I have to reformat my F12 installation or will upgrade
>> resize the boot partition?
>>
> Is your current F12 installation 32-bit or 64-bit? If it's 32-bit, I
> think you'll need to do a complete install, not an upgrade. In that case
> you can change the partitioning. For an upgrade, you can't. Of course
> you can always change it beforehand using gparted if you're worried
> about size.
>

>> I did not select a seperate Home partition when I installed F12. I
>> realize now I should have.
>>
> Definitely. Best back up /home and create a new partition once and for
> all. While you're at it, make sure /boot is at least 500MB in case you
> want to use preupgrade in the future.
>
> poc

Ok I am confused.

Sda1 ext4 /boot is 200 meg and locked, Will not allow me to do anything
except format
Sda2 lvm2 not mounted and 931 gig. but is there and active and showing a
warning
The warning is Logical Volume management not yet supported.

It is also showing all I can do is reformat.

Do I change the file system resulting in a lost disk?

My boot is showing 134 meg free