Compiz configuration problem

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sat May 29 19:39:03 UTC 2010

I have "Audible Bell" checked in ccsm, but "echo -e '\007'" from a
gnome-terminal window does not play the alert sound.

I get the alert sound if I turn off compiz, or if I manually play it in
Preferences → Sound. My audio configuration is fine.

I played with other various settings in ccsm, but I couldn't really see any
difference after enabling or changing things. It's almost as if none of the
settings are used anywhere. I can see
$HOME/.config/compiz/compizconfig/Default.ini getting updated, but that's
the only apparent results. The only changes that have any effect are
changing the two lone Compiz settings in "Desktop Effects".