How to set monitor refresh rate more than 60hz in Fedora 13

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sun May 30 22:08:38 UTC 2010

On Sun, 30 May 2010, Bill Davidsen wrote:

> Note: for Nvidia, ATI, and Intel graphics this probably won't work because the
> enhanced drivers do things as they see fit. There are vendor (closed source)

In my case, a problem is that the radeon driver
is using the preferred frequency, 135 Mhz,
even though it is greater than the maximum frequency, 130 MHz.

So far as I can tell Fedora 11 isn't even trying to start X.
For some reason, it hangs before it gets there,
but when I start X from an alternate console,
I just get a messy screen, nothing resembling an image.

"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.
Optimist:   The glass is half full.