Does anyone know how to debug cups and or lpr

Mark LaPierre marklapier at aol.com
Mon May 31 03:56:42 UTC 2010

Hey All,

I'm trying to get my printer to work.  I have a driver configurator and
System/Administration/Printing tools.  Both find the printer and pass
all tests of the printer, device and backend, and send a file to the
print queue.

[mlapier at mushroom ~]$ lpq
ml1740 is ready and printing
Rank    Owner   Job     File(s)                         Total Size
active  root    11      Samsung Test Page               15360 bytes
[mlapier at mushroom ~]$ lpq
ml1740 is ready
no entries
[mlapier at mushroom ~]$

The file does not get printed but it does disappear from the print queue.

Now this whole operation worked just fine with the same hardware with
the previous version of Fedora but now it doesn't want to hear it after
upgrading to the next version of Fedora.

Does anyone know what steps I should take to debug my printing problem?
Do you need me to post more information?

Thanks