Record "Stereo Mix" (what you hear) from PulseAudio [SOLVED]

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Mon May 31 11:28:46 UTC 2010

On Sunday 30 May 2010 17:48:10 Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> Is there an easy way to achieve this by using the default Fedora-12 sound-
> system setup (without introducing Jack etc)?

Ok, I found the way and here it is just in case someone else needs it:

I followed the steps here:

http://tinyurl.com/yygdlvs

Basically I needed an application to be "recording" in order to see the
options under the "Recording' tab on the PulseAudio Volume Control where now I
could change to "Monitor of Internal audio...".

A more elegant way is to follow this:

http://tinyurl.com/3586xw2

..where you can add this stereo-mix as a "recording device" and then all
PulseAudio aware apps will let you select this - not as an input source - but
as a recording device itself.

HTH,
Jorge