encrypted disk/partition

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon May 31 18:11:34 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 01:29:10PM -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> fred smith wrote:
> > in F13, Anaconda seems to allow encrypted partitions ONLY if you use LVM.
> > If I set up the disk as simple partitions with no lvm/VG/raid, how can
> > I realize encrypted partitions or even whole disk?
> >
> If you do configuration manually IIRC there is an 'encrypt' checkbox for each
> new partition you create.

Hi Bill!

Um, if you're talking about the manual partitioning in Anaconda, then
yes, you're correct, but if you explicitly delete the LVM/VG stuff from
the proposed partitioning scheme, that checkbox becomes greyed. Sorry,
that's what I had intended to say above, but I wasn't explicit enough.

[OT]
Does anyone here besides me remember the large ad in (Byte???) from the
late eighties with a photo of Bill in it, advertising a C compiler
for DOS from a certain large corporation? :)

No, I'm not trying to insult you Bill, I'm just showing my age. We know
you're firmly in the FOSS camp.
[/OT]
                       I can do all things through Christ
                              who strengthens me.