problem with fc 13 and hplip

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Mon Nov 1 15:34:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 10:44 -0400, Barry wrote:
> I followed Manuel's suggestion, uninstalled the HPLIP that I had, and
> reinstalled the hplip rpms. And I end up in the same situation. I can
> print very simple files, local text files, pdfs and a simple web page on
> the host machine. I cannot print a web page of any complexity from
> Firefox. I plugged the printer into the host machine, installed the
> printer, and it prints fine from the host. I was able to install the
> printer on the guest, and print a test page, but cannot print from
> Firefox. Otherwise networking is fine on the guest.

Is it an HP LaserJet 3050?  Is that a PostScript-capable printer?

HPLIP provides two drivers for that model: a PostScript driver and a
PCL3 driver.  The gutenprint-cups package also provides another
(raster-based) driver.

Have you tried those other drivers?

There's some information on the wiki about debugging printing problems
that might be useful otherwise:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Printing/Debugging

Tim.
*/