Why is Fedora continuing to propagate FF 3.5 on F12?

dexter dex.mbox at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 17:42:06 UTC 2010

On 31 October 2010 04:58, David <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/30/2010 11:51 PM, Paolo Galtieri wrote:
>> F12 updated FF to version 3.5.15, however, when you start up FF on F12
>> it tells you that FF 3.5 is out of date and you should instead download
>> version 3.6.
>>
>> If FF 3.5 is out of date why continue to update it?  Why not replace it
>> with version 3.6?

Well why don't you???
/me I'm using Firefox-4.0-b8pre this last 2 months in F12 and its very
very fast :-)
Security comes straight from mozilla & before any repo esp, now the
crazy updates policy is in force.
Don't know how! just ask here.

> Since Fedora 12 is EOL in one month perhaps that would be more work than
> can be justified?
>
> You could update your system to Fedora 13. Or wait until next week and
> update to Fedora 14.

Updating your whole OS just for a browser is hilarious when the source
is available :-)

...dex