Another Question About Webcams in F13

Vaclav Mocek little.owl at email.cz
Tue Nov 2 01:11:00 UTC 2010

It is a nasty marketing trick. You have 1.3X MP camera and every pixel
has three sub-pixels (red, green, blue). So the total amount of
(sub)pixels is: 3 x 1.3X ~= 5MP. Another trick is that the higher
"resolution" - understand the size of image - is artificially increased
using an interpolation.

If you need a real 5MP resolution you need a 5MP camera, not 1.3MP,
there is no way, how to cheat it.

Vaclav M.