Good riddance to F13: Looking forward to F14?

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Tue Nov 2 02:47:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Ranjan Maitra <maitra at iastate.edu> wrote:
> After googling on this, I could not get anywhere, not only that, I can
> not find a way to do anything. Can anyone suggest anything here?

By "huge name" do you mean a UUID? Something like:
8828eacb-11b9-45b8-8558-d2f945c337f6

I wonder if there's a drive/partition/file-system problem? Have your
run SMART checks on your drive? Have you run a full fsck on your
partitions? What file system are you using?

Also, instead of powering off the laptop, perhaps try magic keys, so
that you can sync your file system and put it in a clean state before
cutting power.

-c