Fedora 13 install

Rod McCown rodmccown at aircanopy.net
Tue Nov 2 03:29:13 UTC 2010

Just an FYI. Apparently a 1GHz AMD Duron is not in the same class processor
as an Intel PII.( Minimum requirements for F-13 are PII w/ 384 MB of RAM) I
tried installing all of the way back to Fedora 8 with no luck. It just kept
stalling. I have successfully installed an old Mandrake 8.2 on it and it
runs great. Will be upgrading to Mandrake 10.2 tomorrow.
I just now got Fedora 10 installed on my old Dell laptop with a 750MHz PIII.
I have concluded that Fedora doesn't like some AMD processors. I'm curious
to know if anyone else has had problems with older AMD processors.

Rod McCown ><>
UNIX Senior Systems Admin.
Fishermen Chapter
Christian Motorcyclist Association
817-395-3029
rodmccown at aircanopy.net

"UNIX is user friendly, it just picks it's own friends."