problem with fc 13 and hplip

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Tue Nov 2 09:30:21 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 14:25 -0400, Barry wrote:
> Yes, the Laserjet, and I've always used the postscript drivers, several
> machines, different platforms. But I just tried the PCL3 driver and it
> too is weird. I printed a test page with it that came out with all the
> graphics. I was able to print one web page, but not another -- however,
> this time I got an error that said it was an empty file.

What device URI are you using on the guest?  It's something like
socket://{IP-addr-of-printer}:9000/ I expect..?  i.e. can we verify that
it really is talking directly to the printer, and not to e.g. the host's
queue.

Try eliminating HPLIP from the equation altogether to see if the problem
still happens: use another driver entirely (e.g. gutenprint, or a driver
listed under manufacturer 'Generic') and make sure you are not using the
'hp' backend.

Tim.
*/