[F14] Black screen during installation

sguazt marco.guazzone at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 20:41:04 UTC 2010

Hello Community,

I'm happily running F13 and now I've just tried to install the new
baby: Fedora 14.

After booting from DVD and selected the first option "Install a new
system or upgrade an existing system", the vmlinuz start loading, till
the hardware detection.
After this, the screen becomes black, the DVD stops reading, and all is idle.
I've tried several times, but I've got the same result.

So, I've decided to try the option "Install system with basic video card"...
... and yes this time seems to work, because after the hardware
detection phase, the Media check textual window appears.

My laptop is not so aged. It is a Dell Latitude D830 with an Intel
GMA500 video card.

Anyway, having got this error, if I decide to finally install F14, may
I have problems with X?

Thank you very much!

Best,

-- Marco