Latest Sunbird is Broken Again -- Patch Available

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 09:56:21 UTC 2010

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 14:24:21 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> > Where is QA when we need them?
>
> Please join[1] and help. It's easy, free, and painless.
>
> I only test Thunderbird, but Thunderbird and Sunbird usually get pushed
> in a single update[2] so my positive karma for TB also affects Sunbird.
> You can fight my positive karma with your negative karma. :)
>

> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Join
> [2]
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/sunbird-1.0-0.30.b2pre.fc13,thunderbird-3.1.6-1.fc13

What?! IMHO, you should not give positive karma if you only tested an
update set partially. The brief and even missing comments in that update
ticket also leave much to be desired.

Both packages in that ticket do need testing. Fedora has suffered before
from updates that have been rushed out without sufficient testing. In
cases where at least the package maintainer(s) ought to have strong
interest in positive feedback from multiple people or in good results for
specific tests. We can't fix that if we continue with delivering updates
that aren't ready.