VLAN default name type changed after upgrade to Fedora 14

mgt cybershade at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 15:59:51 UTC 2010

I have upgraded to Fedora 14 yesterday and I'm very happy with the update.
But I have come to this tiny problem.

I have a number of VLAN interfaces configured on my machine. I have the
files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ and for example in my ifcfg-vlanX
file I got a line such as this:

VLAN_NAME_TYPE=VLAN_PLUS_VID_NO_PAD

which create a vlan interface with the proper name. In this case: vlanX .

In Fedora 13 with that configuration, when I create a vlan on the fly with
the command:

example:
$ su -c 'vconfig add eth0 666'

I got a new interface with the same name type as interfaces configured by my
init scripts. To follow the example from above: vlan666 . But after the
upgrade to Fedora 14 the same command creates the interface with the default
name type, which in my case is eth0.666 . I dont want this. I want the old
behaviour.

More info:

# su -c 'cat /proc/net/vlan/config'

VLAN Dev name    | VLAN ID
Name-Type: VLAN_NAME_TYPE_RAW_PLUS_VID_NO_PAD

Can someone tell me where should I put a default name type option for a
vconfig command since in Fedora 14 it doesnt take in consideration the
existing interfaces vlan name type and reset it to the default behaviour as
you can see above.

Thanks!

Best regards,

--