I have lost the ability to save music in MP3 format

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 05:35:44 UTC 2010

2010/11/3 stan <gryt2 at q.com>

> > On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 22:25:15 -0400
> > Paul Otheim <coriolis220 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been out of the loop with the latest news on Fedora and open
> > source for sometime. Maybe a month ago, I lost the ability to create
> > MP3's. I though initially it was just affecting Rhythmbox but Sound
> > Juicer also can no longer save music in an MP3 format. I did some
> > light searching via google but have yet to find a solution. I scanned
> > the archives for the last few months but if anyone else is having
> > this issue then I have missed it. It was working one day then it
> > wasn't , I have the gstreamer plugins ugly and bad, ffmpeg. Anyway it
> > was working and I have not removed any packages, so I am not sure
> > what happened.
>
> You're right, this is strange.  It sounds like it could be a
> permissions problem of some sort.  The packages are there, they just
> can't be accessed because something has changed the access rights.
>
> Does sox or audacity work for converting to mp3?
>
> Do you have lame and libmad installed?  These are other libraries
> that allow encoding and playing mp3s.  I can't think about how they
> could be the cause of your problem, just suggest them as a wild
> possibility.
>
> --

Install all the codecs again acording to your desktop enviroment:

KDE:

1.- yum -y install xine-lib-extras xine-lib-extras-freeworld
k3b-extras-freeworld

GNOME:

1.- yum -y install gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-bad-free-extras
gstreamer-plugins-bad-nonfree gstreamer-plugins-ugly gstreamer-ffmpeg

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052
@GWave: jmlevick at googlewave.com
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31  1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6