AdobeReader on Fedora 14 (x86_64)

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 13:39:47 UTC 2010

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 13:47:17 +0100
Erik P. Olsen wrote:

> Has anybody succeeded in installing AdobeReader on F14 64-bit?

It is possible, but tricksy, because yum will try to resolve
library deps from things like the spanish version of
adobe reader if you have the adobe repo enabled. I have
finally worked out a scheme that works for me.

yumdownloader AdobeReader_enu
yumdownloader flash-plugin

edit /etc/yum.repos.d/adobe-linux-i386.repo and set enabled=0

rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux
yum localinstall *

Later, after you have everything else installed OK, it is
safe to re-enable the adobe repo to get updates.