How to "eject" an automatically mounted USB device (SOLVED)

Steven P. Ulrick lists-fedora at afolkey2.net
Thu Nov 4 17:54:32 UTC 2010

> On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 12:28:29 -0500
> Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
>
> > I am running Fedora 13, and I am using KDE as my desktop environment.
> > I would like to be able to charge my new (3rd generation) Kindle on my
> > computer, but I get an error on the Kindle that reads like this:
> > If you want to use your Kindle, please eject your Kindle from your computer.
> > Currently, your Kindle is not charging.
>
> Did you try using the eject command from the commandline?

No, I did not try that...  So, I just tried "eject Kindle-2" and what do you
think the result was?  It was ejected properly, and IMMEDIATELY, that error
message went away, the main menu came back up, and it started charging...

Thank you very much for your help, and, I hope, your patience :)

Steven P. Ulrick